We just have a lot of feelings.

Category Archives: Community

Posted by Sage

One of the many reasons I love my co-blogstress is that she knows exactly how to cheer me up on an awful day. When nothing is going right, and I feel unappreciated and powerless, GChat flashes words of encouragement: “You are Jenna Rink. Big-time magazine editor!”

Okay, so maybe pep talks from 13 Going on 30 and the like don’t directly apply to my life, but they nevertheless motivate me to keep going and power through the bullshit. When in doubt, I make a quick trip to YouTube for a 30 second boost from one of heroes. It’s therapy for people who can’t afford therapy.

I want to share my favorite pop culture pep talks with you, Heads Over Feels’ers. Bookmark this post in case of emergency. The next time your spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/boss/friends/
parents/personal trainer/ATM balance display/DVR backup brings you downs, let one of these inspirational pieces remind of your innate awesomeness.

Jeff Winger kicks off the list with an epic speech from the pilot of our beloved Community. Even at the lowest point in his life, Jeff finds and is elevated by the extraordinary in every member of this ragtag study group. “You are all better than you think you are, you are just designed not to believe it when you hear it from yourself.” Hear, hear, Jeffrey.

Continue Reading

Advertisements

Posted by Kim

So.

It was a completely normal Monday evening.  Until this happened.  11 Days before its season premiere, NBC pulls Community (and for those who care, Whitney) from the schedule, with no word on WHEN they will air.  And THEN they issue a complete bullshit official statement that really doesn’t say much, other than they would rather continue promoting Revolution,  The New Normal and Go On over Community.  The optimistic side of me says that cancellation is nigh for Animal Practice, Up All Night, and Guys With Kids and we (YES WE) will be moved from Fridays to an earlier weeknight.  The other side of me is fretting over our chances for a back 9 order. The other side of me is paralyzed with fear that we will be held until January.  The other side of me can only express her rage though gifs.  So here we go…

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Continue reading

Posted by Kim

#sixseasonsandamovie

Community Fans are my favorite people on the planet.

I have had the pleasure of meeting several of my Community Twitter friends over the past few months and they have all been nothing but delightful.  I feel like there is an automatic bond between us all for loving such an amazing (and underappreciated) show that when we finally meet in person…there is nothing to do but hug each other.  And maybe cry a little bit.  To paraphrase Community Writer Andy Bobrow, I would do anything for Community Fans, which makes me finally understand war. Because we have been through a WAR together against NBC, Sony and the Nielsen Ratings System to save our beautiful little show.

A few months ago the lovely Catherine, who has been a ringleader in the “Save Community” movement tweeted me about doing a publicity stunt to promote the return of Community (October 19th at 8:30/7:30C…set your DVRs!!), to which I replied “Of COURSE I will be there!”  We planned a kazoo serenade of the Community Theme Song, “At Least It Was Here” and a straitjacket escape by another twitter pal Sean Von Gorman.  Cause if there is anything that will attract a crowd in New York City, it is someone flailing about on the sidewalk trying to get out of a straitjacket.

Also, it’s a nice nod to Community’s “Paradigms of Human Memory”, which features a scene with the Greendale Seven in straitjackets after ingesting too much mercury.

Continue reading